I was really surprised to find out that Adam Lambert was dropped from appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America because of the fact that he [very quickly] kissed a man during his performance at the American Music Awards.
What Century Do We Live In Guys?
I found this out via Mashable, a social media blog, but the news is everywhere online and will hopefully come back to take a serious bite out of ABC’s credibility. This is something that I would duly expect, almost appreciate from Murdoch’s Fox but ABC? They claim that his “controversial” performance may not be suitable for daytime television. Here’s a Bing Search of Adam Lambert Good Morning America. Who’s to say that Adam wouldn’t have chosen different embellishments to his performance that morning? Maybe french-kissing Diane Sawyer would be more appropriate for the morning audience, that includes my mother.
This news and a reaction to it did not take long at all to make it to Twitter and just about every else online. Here’s exactly what Mashable had to say in their post Adam Lambert Booted from GMA; Twitter Responds With #ShameOnYouABC
An ABC spokesperson tells The New York Times that “Given his controversial American Music Awards performance, we were concerned about airing a similar concert so early in the morning.”
The response on Twitter () to the move has been quick and decisive. The hashtag #ShameOnYouABC has shot to the top of trending topics, with Perez Hilton using his massive Twitter influence to push it. If you didn’t think this was bound to turn into Britney/Madonna 2.0, it might be time to reconsider.
This story will undoubtedly have a happy ending for all, at least in my opinion.
Here’s how the rest of the story would unfold if I could orchestrate it:
- ABC’s reputation will continue to be battered on Twitter, possibly to the extent that will be referred to as “that homophobic network”, at least if I have anything to do with it.
- A PR Boon will continue for Adam and his record sales will shoot through the roof because it will just make more and more people buy his album.
- Glenn Beck will talk endlessly about how ABC did the right thing and then be photographed buying the album on iTunes. This will be featured on TMZ and PerezHilton.com
- The Desperate Housewives will strike and demand that Adam be given his GMA spot and then make a guest appearance on the show as Bree’s son’s new boyfriend.
- Sam Champion will come out finally during his weather report and make out with Adam with the state of California seemingly taking over the entire map.
- Middle America will get over itself.
Seriously folks, isn’t this what’s wrong with network television? This pretty much sums it up. Thank God for the Internet. It may not be the best song, but he did a great job for his “coming out” performance. I would like to feature the video here of the performance. It was removed by Dick Clark productions for copyright reasons. Luckily, Adam was CBS picked him up by CBS for The Early Show.
Feel free to add to the fantasy ending by commenting.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Adam Lambert Booted from GMA; Twitter Responds With #ShameOnYouABC (mashable.com)
- ‘The Early Show’ Books Adam Lambert After ‘GMA’ Cancels Him (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Will Three Gays Head Up Good Morning America? (queerty.com)
- Lambert Fallout! Morning Show Performance Cancelled! (perezhilton.com)
- Adam Lambert Too — Ahem — “Controversial” for GMA (tunedin.blogs.time.com)
- GMA Cancels Adam Lambert Concert, Early Show Picks it Up (shoppingblog.com)
- Good Morning America Cuts Adam Lambert From Concert Series (justjared.buzznet.com)
- ‘GMA’ cancels Adam Lambert after racy performance on AMAs (cnn.com)
- ABC’s Ridiculous Policy to Ban ‘Controversial’ Adam Lambert From Daytime Airwaves (queerty.com)
- ‘Good Morning America’ Cancels Adam Lambert (pinkisthenewblog.com)